Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sunny, Funny Dallas

I am writing this, sitting in my friend Quentin's kitchen, watching him and his brother-in-law Brian create their latest culinary masterpiece. These guys can cook! We got into Dallas about 11 last night and were met by a sirloin steak soup that was so good.....for lunch today we had steak kabobs and this amazing scallion summer salad. Brian has been accepted into a cuisine school...so we are his willing victims! Delicious...

Spent the day in the pool, so I am just a little pink...and water-logged...and very happy. I love coming down here and giving up all of my agenda and day planner and stuff....and just BEING with my good, good friends. Hey....a toast! Here's to us! Who's like us? Damn few!

This is my core group...my tribe...that I met on my first night of college at Southwestern back on that August night in 1981.....and here 26 years later we are still good friends. How lucky is that?

Damn lucky, says I!

No comments: