Monday, December 17, 2007

A Weekend of Music

Last night, at my third church concert of the day, I was chatting with Pastor Rob (he is the senior minister at Covenant Presbyterian Church where I sing when I am not at UCC (which is rare, but nice for me because I really like Rob's theology)....anyway, I mentioned to him how lucky I was to be able to sing an entire Sunday--and still have a voice at the end of it! It started at UCC, my home church, where we did some really lovely four-hand piano and choir pieces. Then I performed with Ron Daray and friends at Grace Presbyterian in his annual "Christmas Soiree". This was some of the finest singing I have been involved with for a long, long time. My usual church work is solid and part of worship, but singing with Ron and friends, because it is his hand-picked team, we get a rich, full sound. Anyway, if you missed it this year--you can catch another version next year because Ron just booked me for next December! LOL. Anyway, I finished out the day singing at Covenant and just really enjoyed all of the fun music and fellowship. It is nice to be a casual attender there, because I can objectively look at the service and the congregation and I must say--it's a strong congregation and an enjoyable (although long-ish for this quick Congregationalist) service. Carpe Diem!

No comments: