Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bernadette Peters vs. Bette Midler

OK....so a lifetime ago I was in New York working on a show I had written some music for called Lafitte and while I was there my friend Q and I tried to see Sunday in the Park with George which we both loved. It was always sold out, so we thought we would at least wait backstage and get Bernadette Peter's autograph. Which we did. Which is where I ended up making a complete ass out of myself in her presence (imagine that!). As we were finishing up photos and chatting I mentioned to her that "Millwork is my favorite song that you do". To which Ms. Peters returned a patient look and said "Millworth?" To which my friend Q said to Ms. Peters: "Oh no, he gets you mixed up with Bette Midler ALL THE TIME". To which I am shrinking and trying to back away from one of my greatest social blunders.....anyway....
Q is taking me to hear Bernadette with the Dallas Symphony on Saturday--I'll be in Dallas Friday and Saturday nights and return early Sunday....
OMG-OMG-OMG!

3 comments:

Q said...

Time for CORRECTION:
I did NOT tell Ms. Peters you get her and Bette Midler mixed up all the time

Q said...

When you said "Milworth?"

I said, "Millworker, Better Midler sings it, he gets you two confused."

Pauljaxon said...

Leave it to the lawyer to set the record straight. Because the part of my brain from that time period is probably damaged and/or missing, I will defer to opposing counsel in this matter.