Monday, September 22, 2008

Mom at Botanica

Every year my mother has a booth of her art at Botanica's Gallery in the Garden. You can actually see her booth here: http://www.botanica.org/

I always look forward to this event (I help her set up and tear down her booth) because I get to see her new work or her works in progress. This year she had two beautiful new pieces that reflect a different tone for her. The first was a study on layered stones that was magnificent, but my favorite was a complex study on leaves that was so understated. I say complex, because when you first glance at it the painting appears very simple, but the more time you spend examining it and being pulled into the study, the more detail appears. It is a very splendid work of art and I am so proud of my mom who painted it!

PAX!

No comments: