Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Caucus

What a delightful time Shanna and I had tonight at the Democratic Caucus. We arrived at 6:30 (as we were instructed) to find a line all the way around the courthouse! Lucky for us, we stepped into line behind two delightful gentlemen (Soloman and Matt) and the four of us (plus assorted other fun folk) proceeded to make the most of our FRIGID circumstances. It was sooooo exciting to see the thousands of people out to change--out with hope for our country!!! At 8:15 we finally signed in and caucused and left. As we were driving away, NPR had just called Kansas for Obama. What a memorable night! OH--What made it even more memorable was that Soloman was participating in his first American vote. He just earned his citizenship two months ago and it was an honor to be in line with him. We take our freedoms for granted in this country and it was nice to be reminded that not everyone in the world has the same freedoms we enjoy. Thanks Soloman!

4 comments:

Matt said...

We had fun, too! Thanks for the company! I'm sure glad the blizzard-like conditions started after we were already inside! Go Obama!

Pauljaxon said...

Hey Matt! Shanna and I want to come see your show....email me at pjackson@watc.edu

Matt said...

I'm so sorry I didn't check back in time for you to come see it! Don't worry, you didn't miss much. I only had two lines and the whole thing wasn't very well planned. But, it was still my debut!

We should all four get together sometime for coffee or tea at the Perk or the Vagabond (maybe we can sit outside if our winter ever ends).

Pauljaxon said...

Matthew! That would be great...email me to pauljaxon@cox.net or pjackson@watc.edu.