Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Friendship

So my friend Q called me yesterday with a problem that he needed help with and I was more than happy to assist him. And this led me to ponder why I have no trouble getting up at 2:45 am to pick up a friend at the bus station. I suppose it's because I know that these people would do the exact same thing for me. My friends (and family) have supported me in numerous ways these past three years...there is no way I could have come as far as I have come without their love, support and deep concern for me. Last night we had the second dress rehearsal of Cotton Patch Gospel and it dawned on me that Karen Robu and I have a terrific partnership in producing shows out at UCC--and that my friends at church are just as important to me as my tribe. (You KNOW who you are!) Four years ago we were producing Godspell and I was in the middle of a failing relationship and losing just about everything in my life. In June of that year I was out of the house on Coe drive and into my little Riverside apartment (where I still am). Three years ago Karen and I were producing JC Superstar and I was just making the most important decision in my life--and it has stuck! Last year we produced Children of Eden and that brings us to this year's Cotton Patch Gospel. What a terrific two years it has been--professionally, spiritually, emotionally and personally--I am a better person because of the OTHER people in my life who have chosen our relationship to be worthy of the time and energy and love it takes to maintain. I love you all!

No comments: