Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dinner with the Parson

My new minister and his family had me over for dinner last night and I had such a great time. They have purchased a farmhouse out in Walton, Kansas, about 10 miles north of Newton. It reminded me so much of my sister's farm in Eudora that I was instantly comfortable there. They have some horses, goats and chickens and two large furry dogs. We spent most of the dinner talking about UCC and where they met and how they came to Kansas and how I managed to find my way to UCC and tons of other important topics. I left there feeling even more confident that our congregation is in very capable, caring hands and that the difficult changes that lie ahead will be met with concern and compassion and we'll get by just fine. Not bad for a meal of spaghetti and fresh bread!

Pax

No comments: