Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thoughts on my training--Our Whole Lives

OK-My minister and our Christian Education director asked me to be trained in Our Whole Lives--a sex-ed training program designed for all ages, but specifically for our middle- and high-school aged people. The training was held last weekend at Eden Theological Seminary in Webster Groves, Mo (near St. Louis) and it was an terrific experience. Our CE team at UCC has some decisions to make concerning parts of the curriculum, but over-all it is a terrific program designed to teach basic values concerning our bodies, sexual health and the part faith plays in relationships. Another facet of the training I enjoyed was meeting clergy and lay-people from both the United Church of Christ and some Unitarian Universalists--terrific theology and both congregations have such a calling for justice and inclusivity. Just my cup of tea! Oh yeah, and on the return trip to Wichita, I had Karen drop me off in KC and I got to be with my tribe for about 18 hours--a perfect tonic for me! PAX

No comments: