Friday, March 07, 2008

Some more training....

OK- So I have been an educator and trainer for almost 20 years, yet in the past month I have attended over 60 hours of intensive training from 4 different organizations! Who knew I had so much left to learn! LOL. Mostly it was learning how to deliver their products and services, but I actually got tons of good stuff about facilitation skills from all 4 parties. The biggest thing I learned (which I hear after EVERY class I teach) is that I need to slow down. Well, maybe you all need to speed up! HA! Anyway, I know that I perceive things in a quick manner and I just assume that everyone can keep up....bad assumption. I have asked my friend Trish here at the college to make a big banner to place in the back of all of my classrooms that reads...PAUL--SLOW DOWN. It is a skill I will work on diligently as I begin to provide training to our new clients. PAX

No comments: