Monday, November 17, 2008

Being a new diabetic in Paris.




It turns out that Paris is a GREAT city in which to be a diabetic. There are pharmacies on every corner and they each have at least one English speaking clerk. I bought some glucose tabs, but have discovered a tastier way to raise my blood sugar. The one time my blood sugar got really low, I didn't panic, went to the closest boulangerie and had the most delicious crepe du chocolat. My blood sugar was fine tout suite. In fact, I have yet to run a high blood sugar this entire trip, and while I know it makes my mom a little nervous, I just make sure I have a pastry shop or bakery in sight AT ALL TIMES. Delicious! (I know the amount of physical activity I am engaging in keeps my blood sugar in the mid to high 90s usually.) OK--enough about my diabetes!

Pax!

Paul

2 comments:

teresa said...

Clearly, this "Cure for Diabetes" must be of national importance!!
:0)

Who would have thought?
Hmmm....
I think we need a round of peer reviewed research...

Q said...

I think Shanna would agree that for national health reasons, we should adopt the "A Pastry Shop On Every Block" policy....

That way we can "let them ALL eat cake" anytime they want.....

Hope you're having a super fabulous time!

- Q