Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday in Rouen

Today I took the train (and why the hell don't we have a decent train system in the US? HUH??? The Europeans have this amazing system and can get anywhere cheaply and quickly)....anyway...today I took the train to Rouen. My hotel is actually a village over in the charming hillside town of St. Martin du Vivier. I plan on exploring both it and Rouen all day tomorrow. I am staying at the Best Western La Berteliere and it has this pastoral inn quality that has me already in my PJs and ready for bed. I ate at my first 3-star restaurant tonight (and l'addition proved it!) and it was so delicious. In fact, I have yet to have a meal that wasn't tasty. Even the McDonalds fries I ate one day were really great. I think it has to do with NO preservatives and NO high fructose corn syrup. These people know how to eat! AND I have yet to see a single FAT French person. There are some thick folks, but not like we have in the states. I really think there is a link between the preservatives the US puts in its food, and how fat stay in our systems. ANYWAY, enough of that.

Peace and love,

PJ

No comments: