Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Premiere Nuit A' Paris


Tonight Debra and her boyfriend Marc took me to this terrific Senegalese restaurant for dinner. A wonderful first "official" meal in Paris. We sampled a variety of traditional dishes and then went to Sacre Coeur to take in the night view. What an amazingly beautiful city! My trip is off to a great start.

I promised my mother I'd get her a picture of the Mona Lisa....so, this one's for you, Mom!

Debra's lecture this afternoon centered on French restoration art--I learned so much. It is one thing to read about a picture or have a prof lecture you--but to have the work of art in front of you as a very knowledgable teacher helps you make connections--not only to the work but to the times it was created in--well, to me THAT is the true art of teaching.

Pax

Paul

No comments: