Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ce matin a' Paris

This morning I have spent most of my time exploring the neighborhood. The apartment is on Passage Beslay in the 11th arrondiesment. The church in the preceding picture is Saint Ambroise and it appears we are enmeshed in the St. Ambroise parish. I got wonderfully lost earlier when I was looking for a bike shop--but never fear--my language skills actually worked! I stopped into a small bookstore and got directions. Of course, I had to ask 3 more people, 3 more times before I literally stumbled onto my street. But nevertheless, I made it home. This afternoon we are getting my train tickets for Rouen next week and for Debra's trip to Normandie tomorrow. Au Revoir!

Pax

Paul

3 comments:

susan said...

Darren and I got lost in Paris at night looking for a restaraunt-I was just out of my first trimester with Camden and starving-we took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the red light district. Now if I was extremely hormonal it would have been an interesting experience. The hookers were covering the sidewalk like ants and the johns were showing up on foot and on bicycles. It was all very colorful.

susan

susan said...

that should have said "Now if I was not extremely hormonal"

drgore said...

Salut Paul,

Nous sommes heureux que tu profites d'un agréable moment en France et cela que tes capacités linguistiques ça marche.

A plus tard,
Tes amis dans la classe française