Friday, January 30, 2009

The little house on Coolidge

So....I am sitting here in a very empty little blue house on Coolidge street. The van and my car are packed....and I am saying goodbye to Wichita. I am filled with so many emotions. I moved into this house with such dreams and plans--but, life is funny and the universe had other plans for me. And my dreams and plans have been altered and I am charting a new course. So, I have to share the last verse of the Hardest Part of Love...because it is so true:

It is only in Eden grows a rose without a thorn.
And your children start to leave you on the day that they are born.
They will leave you there to cheer for them, they will leave you there to mourn, ever so....

Like an ark on uncharted seas their lives will be tossed.
And the deeper is your love for them, the crueler is the cost.
For just when you think they found themselves--is when you fear they're lost, oh....

But...we can not close the acorn once the oak begins to grow....
And we can not close our hearts to what they fear and need to know...

That the hardest part of love.....
And the rarest part of love....
And the truest part of love....

Is the letting go.

Peace and love and many blessings to Wichita and all of my family and friends who live there.

Paul

No comments: